Fabio Viviani’s Rigatoni Sausage Carbonara
May 16th 2017
Rigatoni Sausage Carbonara
1 package (16 ounces) rigatoni
1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Mild Italian Sausage Links
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup grated Grana Padano cheese or Parmesan cheese, divided
4 egg yolks
Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente doneness; drain and set aside.
Cut sausage into 1-inch chunks.
In a large skillet, cook sausage in butter over medium heat until cooked through and browned, about 5-7 minutes.
Stir 2/3 c. broth into skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Bring to a gentle boil. Cook and stir until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
Add rigatoni; toss to coat.
In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, remaining 1/3 c. broth, and half of the cheese. Stir into skillet. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened and coats the pasta, about 2 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Enjoy!
Bake Penne (Latino Inspired)
1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
1 package (16 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Ground Hot Italian Sausage or 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ medium red bell pepper, sliced
1 small poblano pepper, sliced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
½ medium onion, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3 cups tomato sauce
2 cups shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente doneness; drain and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, cook sausage in 1 tablespoon olive oil until fully cooked and browned, about 5-7 minutes.
4. In a separate skillet, sauté the peppers, onion, and garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until tender. Season with oregano, cumin, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Add sausage to the peppers mixture; cook for approximately 3-5 minutes.
6. Add pasta; toss to combine.
7. Stir in the tomato sauce and remove from heat.
8. Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
9. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Enjoy!