“Hustle & Soul” Chef Lawrence Page Ribs
May 18th 2018
Chef Lawrence Page
DRY RUB FULL SLAB RACK OF RIBS
1/4 cup of ground pepper
1/4 cup of dry mustard
1/4 cup of garlic powder
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of beef base paste
3 Tbsp of ground coffee beans
- Combine all dry ingredients to create dry rub
- Rub down back and front of ribs with dry rub seasoning
- Add half a cup of water to a 4inch deep pan
- Add seasoned ribs
- Then cover the pan with plastic seran wrap sealing it air right.
- Then apply aluminum foil over the plastic completely covered.
- Bake at 375 degree for 4 hours.
- Remove from the oven stick a fork through the ribs the fork should go in like butter. If the meat is still tough bake additional 1 xtra hour … you may ad any bbq sauce to likeness by rubbing on ribs after or dipping bowl.
FRIED GREEN TOMATOES
2 large green tomatoes
Salt & pepper
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup buttermilk
Eggs and buttermilk batter
- Slice tomatoes thick cut
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Add mustard powder to eggs and buttermilk and mix together
- Dip seasoned tomato slices into egg and buttermilk batter
- Dredge and dip into cornmeal.
- Fry on each side until golden brown
- Sprinkle paprika to garnish and serve